Sunday, August 26, 2007

Lake levels at Lake Travis still VERY HIGH!



What do you do this weekend? I went out to my dad's property on Lake Travis. With all of the rain central Texas has been getting since the end of March, I have not spent much time out there... that and because real estate has been so busy this summer... Anyway, my dad has been real busy getting his water system in. This weekend my dad needed help building a shed for his pump.

My partner, Cristina and her father are such the handy at that kind of thing, they came out and helped dad build it. I, on the other hand.... sat back and read the rest of the last Harry Potter book. I'm not going to spoil it for any of you that haven't read it... but I will tell you that it is a GREAT book and it keeps you hanging all the way to the end.

Now for those of you who have been out to my dad's place.... you see in this picture where that dock is? That is where the water is normally... but with this flood... most of the land below is still underwater. It's amazing! We are waiting for LCRA to start letting some of the water out so we can get down there to enjoy the lake.


No comments: